Are you all set to take your business a step ahead? Whether it is a physical or digital product, all e-commerce marketers in 2020 should know how to drive quality traffic to their site and make the maximum conversion. How?
There are two steps to boost your online business this year – first, you can run Google Ads and make your brand more visible and the second is Affiliate Marketing. If you have a limited marketing budget and don’t have much idea about the ranking factors in Google Ads, it is ideal to go for affiliate marketing.
The best part is you can run affiliate marketing with minimum or no coding knowledge! (You may need to check with a web maintenance provider though)
- 1 Why your e-commerce business needs an Affiliate program?
- 2 How does this Affiliate Marketing Plugin work?
- 3 7 Best Affiliate plugins for WooCommerce Sites in 2020
Why your e-commerce business needs an Affiliate program?
The simple answer to this question is “more business”. Yes! Adding an affiliate program to your WooCommerce site is like hiring marketing partners for your business to sell your products in exchange for a small commission. However, you do not require to sign any partnership agreement but simply sharing a link with a unique tracking code for each affiliate.
This is a smart way of making more sales as your affiliates or sales partners use their digital marketing as well as SEO expertise to drive high-value traffic to your site.
When people click those shared links and buy products then affiliate partners get a percentage of the product price. Now, this percentage could be varied based on the product type. It is found that for the physical products the average percentage is between 5% and 10% where for the digital products it could jump as much as 30%! The commission percentage encourages the affiliates to promote the products and bring you more customers.
However, the challenge is, WooCommerce doesn’t come with a built-in referral or affiliate program.
Luckily, there are a hand full of plugins that can add this feature to your WooCommerce site. In this blog, we have enlisted 7 updated and safest affiliate marketing plugins that are recommended by the popular web maintenance providers in 2020.
How does this Affiliate Marketing Plugin work?
As we have already mentioned, running affiliate marketing requires little or no coding knowledge. What you have to do is just installing the plugins and track referrals and sales. Here are the steps jotted down for you:
- Choose the ideal WooCommerce plugin for affiliate marketing
- Integrate the affiliate plugin and enable it
- Define the terms and conditions for the affiliate program
- Determine how to allow the affiliates to join
- Generate affiliate links with unique tracking codes
- Check out the affiliate dashboard and track referrals as well as sales
- Pay your affiliates
- Check out advanced features of the chosen affiliate plugin
7 Best Affiliate plugins for WooCommerce Sites in 2020
Here check out the brief reviews of the 7 selected affiliate plugins to boost your ROI in 2020.
Have you ever tried any YITH products? If yes, then you are already confident about their products, and the addition of one more plugin from them makes the process smoother. If you have never had experience working with their products, then no worries, this hassle-free plugin will take a few minutes to start working on its own.
YITH WooCommerce Affiliates plugin permits you to run a referral program on your website just in few clicks along with affiliate dashboard, tracking, and reporting.
Although praised by many if you are still not confident using the plugin, you can always try the free plugin version first.
The free YITH WooCommerce Affiliates plugin version includes:
- Decent affiliate tracking dashboard
- Generate new affiliate links directly among the users registering to your website
- Affiliate registration using shortcodes
- In case of refunds, it automatically calculates the commission or refund structure
- Affiliates also get an interactive user-friendly dashboard
The premium YITH WooCommerce Affiliates plugin version includes:
- This version offers full power to set different commission rates on different products and users on your website
- Unlike other plugins, it offers a unique option of removing the user or permanently fixes the affiliation after the first purchase
- Get complete affiliate history and accurate map of every clicks and visit
- Two options for affiliate approval – manual and automatic
- For each product get detailed commission report
This is a power-packed affiliate plugin to boost your marketing plan, but don’t forget to discuss with the pre-sales team about your requirements. It is also advisable to use the free version first and then upgrade to the premium version as per requirement.
AffiliateWP is one of the most expensive affiliate plugins for WooCommerce, which is developed by one of the smartest developers recognized today Pippin Williamson. Pricing of the AffiliateWP plugin starts from $99/year based on the features you chose, which is worth it.
Like YITH, this plugin is also available in free as well as premium version. The free version of AffiliateWP is almost similar to the free YITH version. Hence, let’s skip the free features, instead check out all the big features that are available in the premium version and make it one of its kind.
The premium AffiliateWP Affiliates plugin version includes:
- User-friendly dashboard with clicks and visiting statistics
- Customizable emails to notify whether the affiliate applications have been approved or rejected by the admin or new referral notifications
- Create banners for affiliates (creative management)
- Export and import reports in CSV format
- For the developers – it is compatible with REST API and WP-CLI
- Comes with great affiliate leaderboard
- Affiliates can be paid with store credits
- Direct link tracking (PRO feature)
- PayPal Payouts (Pro feature)
- Custom landing pages (Pro feature)
- Lifetime Commissions (Pro features)
No doubt this outstanding plugin is going to change your affiliate program experience if you have any. If you are new in affiliate marketing then no worries, this amazing plugin is user-friendly and will excel your expectations.
Both AffiliateWP and YITH are plugins that create an affiliate program within your WordPress dashboard. No doubt, these are the best plugins to run the show, but what if you have multiple websites and not all of them are WooCommerce?
Here, we will recommend for Tapfiliate. Tapfiliate is a standalone affiliate platform where you can run referral or affiliate programs for multiple websites that may include WooCommerce as well as other websites.
The monthly package of Tapfiliate starts from $69/month only, which is a basic pack and comes with 14 days trial. On the other hand, the Pro pack starts from $149/month and also comes with 14 days trial. For enterprises, they offer a special and customized package.
The Essential package of Tapfiliate Affiliates plugin version includes:
- Complete 2-way API and webhooks
- Automation (emails, zapier, webhooks)
- Recurring commissions
- Customizable cookie time
- Advanced social sharing
- Multi-level Marketing (MLM)
- Category/item based commission
Following are the key features offered by Tapfiliate in their pro package that sets it apart from other popular plugins link YITH:
- Marketing chain: This plugin allows your affiliates to get more affiliates under them and share a percentage of the commissions they are initially getting from you.
- Recurring Commissions: Through this plugin, you can share commissions to the affiliates for all future purchases, which is indeed a lucrative proposal to them.
- Extra commission set up: Extra commission could be set up for all affiliate groups for different products and services – all in one program.
- Performance bonuses: You can choose to offer a performance bonus or incentives for the affiliates and automate the workflow.
When most of the WooCommerce affiliate plugins are creating a referral dashboard within WooCommerce, Tapfiliate is a standalone platform that cannot be integrated inside the WooCommerce site. It creates multiple affiliate programs for multiple sites regardless if the website is WooCommerce or not. If you own a company and have multiple websites then the “Enterprise” package would be recommended to you.
ReferralCandy is a quick and ready to go solution to launch your affiliate program for your WooCommerce site. Unlike other plugins, this dedicated plugin is not a self-hosted e-commerce solution but a SAAS affiliate tracking software. Initially built for Shopify this software can be easily integrated with the WooCommerce store with the help of professional WordPress developers or web maintenance providers.
Although ReferralCandy comes with only two packages namely Premium ($49/month) and Enterprise ($3,999/month), it also offers 30 days trial pack.
ReferralCandy works in the simplest referral method:
- Let the customer buy any product or services from your store
- ReferralCandy will trigger a coup code to those customers to share with friends
- When their friends visit your site and buy any product using the referral code then the customer will receive a referral reward
- Friends who are shopping from your website using the referral code will also get a discount – so everybody wins!
The premium and enterprise ReferralCandy Affiliates plugin version include:
- You can add unlimited Customers
- Get clean and user friendly dashboard and data reports
- Get 24/7 chat support (they usually reply in minutes)
- Get automatic fraud protection
- Account manager (available in Enterprise package)
Unlike other plugins, ReferralCandy is simple to integrate into the WooCommerce website and use. The user-friendly dashboard offers a clear track record of every affiliate and coupon code generated. Get the 30 days trial first and if this easy plugin set up covers all your affiliate marketing needs then you can choose either premium or enterprise plan as reviewed here.
Affiliate Pro is another well-known plugin popular for WooCommerce integration add-ons. This outstanding plugin, unlike others, has a light add-on. This light add-on allows the referral programs to link to your WooCommerce products.
As claimed by Affiliate Pro on their website, this plugin is one of the most powerful “growth-oriented” tools to start with a successful affiliate marketing program. The pricing tag of this plugin varies between $49.00 and $159.00 depending on the features you choose.
The Affiliate Pro plugin includes:
- Affiliate dashboard: Affiliate Pro offers a fresh UI friendly intuitive dashboard. The best part of this dashboard is unlike others it is composed of several sections and you can access them individually.
- Real-time Reporting: Channels through which sales are made or the affiliate links are clicked, you will get the complete statistic footprint.
- Easy Affiliate Recruitment: Affiliate can sign in for the referral program directly or can be added manually.
- Unlimited Affiliates: Keep adding as many affiliates you can get, without limitations and keep growing your business.
- Coupon Referrals: Generate coupon codes and distribute them among the referrals. Customers who received your coupon code via an affiliate can directly purchase any of your products or services without clicking any links. Also, you can set commission rates per product for individual affiliates.
Try this outstand growth-oriented plugin Affiliates Pro. However, no trial version is available for this plugin; all you can do is to rely on reviews.
SUMO Affiliates is a simple, effective, and widely used WooCommerce plugin designed to boost sales. Without any surprise, this plugin comes with a user-friendly interface for effective referral tracking. Also, the process of setting up the affiliate program is easy and comes with many features.
The Regular License of this plugin is available for $29 only and the Extended License will cost $290.
The Regular and Extended package of SUMO Affiliates plugin includes:
- Power to disable or delete an affiliate (for the Admin)
- Clear and user-friendly dashboard for the affiliates
- Emails for any changes or actions taken by the admin
- You can buy the license and customize the plugin
The extended package of the SUMO Affiliates includes all the features as mentioned for the regular package.
This popular WooCommerce plugin is developed by StoreApps. As claimed by Affiliate For WooCommerce, this plugin gives you full control and assures data accuracy. With this plugin, you can allow the affiliates to sign up and create referral links. The integration of this plugin in the site is super easy as well as the payout (via PayPal).
Affiliate For WooCommerce – this plugin will bill you $129 annually, which is worth the product. However, if you are not satisfied with what the support team proposed, you can opt for 30-days money-back policy.
The Affiliate For WooCommerce includes:
- Easy to set up
- Single screen interface
- You can use coupons to track referrals
- Use popular and secure payment gateways like PayPal
- Simple and efficient codes that never slow down your site and works on shared hosting
- Set affiliate different affiliate coupons and commissions for different affiliate
- Get one-click migration from “WordPress Affiliates” plugin
With Affiliate For WooCommerce, you can set up a referral or appraisal program just in few clicks. If you are looking forward to getting a perfect affiliate solution within your WooCommerce website, this is it.
WooCommerce store owners often feel the urge of affiliate marketing, which is actually the best way to increase referral traffics on the website. However, most leave the idea. Why? Because they are not sure how to start with! Well, you can pick any of the 7 handpicked plugins that are reviewed in this blog or consult with your web maintenance provider or maybe a marketing team (if you have any).
Have a question? Feel free to comment in the discussion box.